Like many games, newer players trying to enter a realm comprised of a lot of veterans or long-time players may be confused by some of the acronyms, abbreviations, and slang used to refer to common objects, terms, or concepts. If you are looking for an acronym/abbreviation that isn't listed here, please post in the comments and someone can answer you and/or update this page.
- PAD/P&D/PND: Abbreviation for Puzzle & Dragons.
- REM/PEM/Gacha: The Rare and Pal Egg Machines. In Japanese, "Gacha" is slang for coin vending machines.
- Sub(s): Short for Subordinate; any non-leader monster(s) on your team.
- #x team: Refers to the total bonus granted to a specific team by both the leader and friend leader e.g. Ancient Dragon Knight, Zeal provides 3x (attack) bonus to dragon monsters; using 2 as leaders would be considered a 9x team.
- 4/2/2, 9/1/1, 2/2/4, etc.: Refers to leader/team multiplier combinations. Because veterans tend to consider ATK multipliers the most important, the ATK modifier is often placed first when talking about teams. HP becomes the second multiplier, and RCV is third. So a 4/2/2 red team is when a Norse god like Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman teams up a Roman god like War Deity Ares. Other veteran players try to refer to the stats in the order they're listed in the game instead of putting ATK first, so might call this a 2/4/2 team instead. (Yes, it can get confusing!)
- Zombie Team: See Resolve Team.
- Evo: Evolution; usually used as 2nd evo <name> or similar.
- Busty (Evolution), UVO, Ult(y): See Ultimate Evolution.
- IAP: In-app purchase(s) (made for Magic Stones). A player label denoting whether they paid real money to play this game, or not (non-IAP).
- FAV: Favorite sort type (puts your favorite monsters first).
- CHR: Chronological sort type (by when you received the monster).
- Collab: Collaboration, refers to a special event/dungeon that features properties from another product.
- Heartbreaker: Monsters with an active skill that changes Heart orbs into colored orbs.
- Heartmaker: Monsters with an active skill that changes colored orbs into Heart orbs.
- Godfest/Carnival: Refers to limited periods where certain monsters have a higher rate of appearing in the REM.
- Reroll: Repeatedly starting over by resetting the game's data in order to obtain a preferred starting monster from the first REM pull after completing the in-game tutorial. Also known in Japanese as Risemara ("reset marathon").
- ATK: Attack
- HP: Hit Points (health)
- RCV: Recovery (sometimes abbreviated by RCU because the in-game font is somewhat ambiguous)
- ATT: Attribute (Fire, Water, Wood, Light, Dark)
- +, +egg: Monsters with stat bonuses, represented by a +X in the top-right corner of the icon
- +297, 297: A monster with the maximum stat bonuses allowed in game (+99 each of HP, ATK, and RCV). Usually implying that it is also at max level (see also below).
- Hypermax: A monster that is max level, max skill level, fully awoken and +297.
- CoS: Usually refers to Castle of Satan.
- CoSitA: Castle of Satan in the Abyss, important for when Mystic Knights appear during some events.
- OOH: Ocean of Heaven.
- SS: Starlight Sanctuary.
- KOG: King of Gods level of Starlight Sanctuary. Has the highest player EXP/stamina ratio of all normal dungeons. Can also stand for Keeper of the Gold in Tuesday Dungeon.
- Descends: End-game urgent dungeons where you find extremely powerful monsters. Usually does not refer to any of the Urgent Dungeon series.
Monsters are often referred to as their lowest evolution even when talking about their highest or even Ultimate evolution. So if a player refers to a "green golem" odds are they're talking about Wood Mech Warrior, Asgard rather than Earth Golem. Or a "Vampire" is most often Duke Vampire Lord rather than just Vampire. This is mostly because monster names tend to get longer and longer at higher evolutions, and it is easier to just type "Naga" instead of "Empress of Serpents, Echidna." Except in very rare cases (e.g. Gigas vs. Red Giant Gigas), higher evolutions are generally implied and are superior to lower evolutions for team building.
- MFK/MIK/MSK/MLK/MDK: Mystic Flame Knight, Mystic Ice Knight, Mystic Stone Knight, Mystic Light Knight, Mystic Dark Knight.
- (B)PKH: Phoenix Knight Homura or Burning Phoenix Knight, Homura.
- Kamui: Fenrir Knight Kamui or Torrential Fenrir Knight, Kamui.
- ADK(Z): Ancient Dragon Knight or Ancient Dragon Knight, Zeal.
- Verche: Verche, the Knight of the Sky or Godly Knight of the Sky, Verche.
- CDK(V): Chaos Dragon Knight or Chaos Dragon Knight, Voice.
- EtRE, Enchilada, EoS Echidna: Crimson Lotus Mistress, Echidna or prior evolutions; her previous name was "Echidna the Red Empress." Smartphone autocorrect (or bad memory/laziness) sometimes causes the name to come out "Enchilada."
- StE, (EOS) Siren: Sea God's Songstress, Siren or prior evolutions; her previous name was "Siren the Enchanter."
- RGG: Red Giant Gigas. Other evolutions are known as Gigas.
- Sieg(fried): Earth-Rending Emperor, Siegfried or other evolutions.
- Cu Chu, CuChu: Noble Wolf King Hero, Cu Chulainn or other evolutions.
- Valk: Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie or prior evolutions. Also refers to the REM-exclusive variants Azure Maiden, Graceful Valkyrie, Black Blaze, Graceful Valkyrie, Thorned Guardian, Graceful Valkyrie, or Phoenix Blossom, Graceful Valkyrie.
- DVL: Duke Vampire Lord or Dark Liege, Vampire Duke.
- SOD/Luci: Archangel Lucifer or Seraph of Dawn Lucifer. "Luci(fer)" alone typically does NOT refer to Fallen Angel Lucifer or Dark Archdemon Lucifer.
- FA Luci: Fallen Angel Lucifer or Dark Archdemon Lucifer
- HQP: Persephone, Hell Queen Persephone, or Queen of Condemnation, Persephone.
- Ama: Amaterasu or her higher evolutions.
- Attackerasu: Dancing Flame, Amaterasu Ohkami.
- I&I: Idunn&Idunna or their higher evolutions.
- U&Y: Umisachi&Yamasachi or their higher evolutions.
- Kushi: Kushinadahime or her higher evolutions.
- GOdin, Grodin: Odin or Awoken Odin.
- BOdin, Blodin: Odin, the War Deity or Awoken Deity Odin.
- ROdin: Phantom God, Odin or Awoken Phantom God, Odin
- Meta, LMeta: Archangel Metatron or her higher evolutions.
- Dark Meta, DMeta: Dark Angel Metatron or her higher evolutions.
- BMeta, Beach Meta: Keeper of Paradise, Metatron
- Chinese incarnations: Heavenly Guide Suzaku, Leilan may be called by the mythological spirit (i.e. Suzaku) or the incarnation name (i.e. Leilan). Same applies to the other 4 girls.
- DQXQ: Divine Flowers, Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao or her lower evolution.
- GGY: Steadfast Bearded Deity, Guan Yu or his lower evolution.
- RGY: Valiant & Loyal Deity, Guan Yu or his lower evolution.
- #onetruegod: Hell Deity, Jackal Anubis or other evolutions.
- GZL: Genius Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang or his lower evolution.
- LZL: Celestial Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang or his lower evolution.
- KoG/GK: Keeper of Gold.
- KoR/RK: Keeper of Rainbow.
- Dublits: Dub-rubylit, Dub-sapphilit, Dub-emelit, Dub-topalit, Dub-amelit, or Dub-mythlit.
- Noel Dragons: Snow Globe Dragon Rouge, Snow Globe Dragon Bleu, and Snow Globe Dragon Vert used to be named this.
- Ronia: Red Dragon Caller, Sonia and her higher evolutions.
- AOE: Refers to a mass attack (matching 5 orbs of the same color to hit all enemies on the screen), or skills (Spread Cats, Curse Ball) that likewise hit all enemies.
- Gravity: A skill that reduces enemies' health by a percentage of their health rather than a fixed value. See: Hera.
- CTW: Change the World.
- Autoheal: Generally refers to the leader skills for Enchantress of the Sea, Siren, Mystical Forest Pixie, Alraune, Messenger of God, Archangel, and Amaterasu Ohkami (and only these evolved forms, since prior versions have a less powerful healing ability), but can also refer to the Awoken Skill Auto-Recover.
- MS: The Morning Star.
- TPA: Two-Pronged Attack Awoken Skill.